Saturday, June 16, 2007

safty

This blog is for technology safety. I know those two words don't go together; it is really hard to monitor internet safety even with all firewalls and control available. Before, I was thinking that LAUSD firewall is enough for my students to surf the web safely, but I was wrong the other side is always ahead of the game and they have ways to pass through the safety wall and enter into the system.
Technology is great tool but just like a knife which is a great tool in kitchen for cooking and cutting, it could be in hands of a person who is going to use as a weapon to harm others, technology could be dangerous. My proposal for this problem is to introduce technology to our students in a young age so students will be aware of the fact that technology is a learning tool; a very good one that have no boundaries and it is world wide web.

3 comments:

Lore said...

I agree that the younger we start, the better. I think also that we should be good models for safe technology use, and discuss with students ways to be safe, within the context of using the Internet (e.g., when at websites with alluring advertising links). It will take constant vigilance, and we need to help parents become more aware of Internet safety, as well.

C. W. Lee said...

Internet safety should be taught to everybody, just as we are taught to look both ways before crossing the street. If kids are old enough to be left alone on the street, then they should be expected to understand how to navigate safely through the world wide web. Parents and educators have the burden of clearly explaining the dangers students can face when online.

Mrs. Avanesian said...

Well, I think I am getting hang of it and I can use the blog more often and more comfortable. It is good that I can tell somebody is responding to my comments.
This is the last week of 2006-2007 school year and I am already getting ready for my next year and I am trying to make sure to have working computers so I can use all good stuff that I learned in web 2.0.